Wednesday 25 July 2012

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner Set




Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner Set - Gift from USA - Singular purchase from Bobbi Brown - £17

I received this set recently as a gift after months and months of deciding whether or not to purchase the black gel. I'm unsure where/if the duo sets are available to purchase in the UK as this was purchased in America, so if anybody knows please leave a comment so I can update this post!

The boxed packaging is really compact and and the actual pots of eyeliner are so cute and chic, with a glass bottom and smooth black lid. I'm so pleased it comes with an ultra fine eyeliner brush as well. This is the first gel eyeliner I've tried; my standard, go to eyeliner is Rimmel's GlamEyes and I've only ever stuck to high street brands with similar brushes and price ranges. 

Without much practice of using gel eyeliners it does take me a little bit more time than usual to apply this, so I use shade 'Black Ink 1' when I have a bit more time to get ready in a morning. I do think it has a lot more benefits than liquid eyeliners though. I get really annoyed with eyeliners that claim they have a 'true black' colouring when in a couple of hours they turn to a grey, worn shade. Bobbi Brown claims Black Ink is a 'jet black' shade and it does indeed stay true black all day long, without any touch ups. It's a quick drying liner, doesn't smudge as well as appearing more dramatic on the eyes than any other eyeliner I've used before. 

I never would have thought to purchase the second shade 'Sepia Ink 2' because I've always played it safe with black eye makeup, however it's a darker, richer brown than I thought it would be. Therefore it's a great shade for work where I try to tone down my regular make up. 

Although the pots appear very small and there is only a tiny 3g worth of product in each pot, they will last forever so I feel they are definitely a worthwhile investment. This particular product has won a wide range of awards and in my opinion it's easy to see why. I really do wish I'd have bought it when I first discovered it- it's wonderful!

Has anyone tried this product or want to? What are your thoughts on it? I'd love to try more Bobbi Brown products; do you have a favourite? xo

No comments:

Post a Comment